Learn more about the Perry CEO board members here.
Meet Paula Myers, the Facilitator of Perry CEO.
We would like to welcome the inaugural class of Perry CEO. You can get to know them here.
What Is CEO All About?
Entrepreneurship education seeks to prepare people, especially youth, to be responsible, enterprising individuals who become entrepreneurs or entrepreneurial thinkers and contribute to economic development and sustainable communities. The CEO program is much more than a textbook course. Rather, students are immersed in real life learning experiences with the opportunity to take risks, manage the results, and learn from the outcomes.
The CEO program:
- Is funded by business investors
- Is open to high school seniors
- Selects students through a rigorous application process
- Serves students from public and private high schools
- Meets for 90 minutes each day
- Provides high school credit
- Utilizes area businesses as classrooms
- Visits dozens of area businesses each year
- Hosts 50-60 guest speakers each year
- Emphasizes 21st century learning skills
- Provides the opportunity for each student to start their own business
- Provides mentors from the business community
- Hosts an annual trade show to showcase student businesses